Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    I agree with LPDFTBL on this one.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    I always put my seatbelt on. But it's more of habit and having my dad jump on me because I wouldn't wear them when I was younger. Now it's like putting on my shoes, it just comes naturally.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member statechamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    my aunt got killed in a car accident when I was seven..... if she would of had her seat belt on ... she probably would of lived...... I use to wear mine all the time... but here lately have got in the habbit of not wearing it.... maybe I should think twice..

  4. #4
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    I've been in two accidents. Once without a seatbelt, and the other with it on. The first was with the belt on, just hit a patch of ice, spun around, etc... but the seat belt kept me firm in place, helped control the vehicle, without me just grabbing for something to hold on to. Glad I had it on.
    Second (no belt on), got hit in the rear of my truck (hit and run). I got put into a ditch about 20-25 mph, 3-4 foot deep ditch, hit a driveway/drain pipe type deal, jumped over into a 5-6foot ditch. Got threw every which way, and it absolutely sucked. From that day forward, seatbelt is a main thing with me. It does save lives.

    Also, for all the talk about God. Saying, if it's your time, it's your time, no matter if you had a sealbelt on or not. I tend to dismiss that. For the fact, it states in the BIBLE, said by Jesus/God, for us to follow the laws of the land. That being said, having a seatbelt on at all times, is a law of the land. So, ya can't use the, "it's ur time to go, it's ur time to go", unless you agree with the bible on following the laws of the land/man..

    anyway, i'm for wearing a seatbelt, as well as makin all my passengers. Because when somebody is in the vehicle with me, I have their life in my control. So they better be as safe as they can possibly be.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    my only point is anyone who is so nieve to believe that speed limits, seat belt laws, etc. are inforced b/c our government actually cares about us is pretty gullible.. it's just another way to make money, so don't kid youselves.

    Some people may not wear their seat belts their whole lives and never have an accident where wearing one could have saved your life, and other ppl may die while wearing a seat belt.. you just can never be sure!! It's a personal choice and when you make it you assume the responsibility for your own actions.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    I've not read this whole thread. How do you see it as just a way to make money?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    it's illegal in VA to be caught w/o your seat blet so if you're caught w/o one you get a ticket. a ticket = money.




  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    You can make anything say what you want it to by the same token there were laws in this country that allowed the beating of women and slavery. I dont exactly see that as a Christian thing to do.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    [ QUOTE ]
    That being said, having a seatbelt on at all times, is a law of the land.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    It's not really a law of the land it's more of a law of VA, although most states are adopting this law.

    I just wanna get something straight. I'm not saying that i'm gonna go hop in a car a drive 120 miles per hour with no seatbelt and tempt God. I just feel if i'm driving safe, like always, and someone runs me over and I die then a seatbelt probably wouldn't have helped. Also I think all children under 16 should always be buckled up and any under 12 should be in the backseat. I just feel if your old enough to drive your old enough to choose. Maybe i'll have an accident like steer and my mind will change, but until then i'm gonna ride how I want.


  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No Good Reason's Not to wear Your Seatbelt

    Ok you may be right, it may be a money maken scheme, but if people wore them, they make no money from it, so it seems like if they were just wanting to make money from it, they wouldn't always remind people to wear them.

    55-35 drops in speed limit are a money making scheme to me, especially when the police sit right there ready to catch someone.

    Inspection stickers are a money making scheme. Heck go to Kentucky and see.

    I mean if you want to, you can make anything a money making scheme or call anything a money making scheme, but simple facts and logic dictate that a seat belt increases the odds of survival of a motor vehicle accident. Airbags increase the odds of survival of a motor vehicle accident. And by 50 people not getting their heads lopped off due to being buckled in a year reduces every single one of our insurance, believe it or not. Think about it. If it saves 50 lifes, thats 50 lives that our insurance companies aren't having to pay for, so money making scheme for the state, sure. Money saving for us.

    I know that there are some who have been buckled in and drown and/or got burnt up. I am going to take a safe assumption that number added up is a lot less than those ejected who died.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •